26 April 2012

Dirty pillows.

Since I disappeared oh so many months ago, I've been busy being obsessed with Pinterest. I know some people use it as dreamy inspiration board, of lofty plans off in the distant (never?) future - which is fine, there are no rules - but I use mine as an actual of reminder of stuff I actually want to do, eat, buy, etc. And the anal editor in me goes back and deletes stuff once I buy it (or make it and don't like it!). I was sitting at work the other day and thought, I need to make some Pinterest purchases, tonight! So I made myself a reminder on my phone, and that night I sat down and finally purchased a few things I've been wanting for a while now.

Credit to Kristal, who originally pinned these geometric yellow pattern outdoor pillows from... Kmart! For under $10! Anyone who has pets (or kids!) should embrace the benefits of outdoor pillows - for indoors! They hold up great to repeated vacuumings (dog hair!), they wash up easy (just a quick wipe wipe takes care of any George butt spray!), and they can really just take a beating in general. Plus, they are typically cheaper than your average couch pillow. ($10 is still pretty cheap even for an outdoor pillow, though.) Lest you worry they feel like vinyl or something else outdoorsy, they are cloth and are perfectly comfy for head resting!

My favorite part is that I ordered these Tuesday night. And they arrived TODAY!


I haven't decided where to put them all yet (I ordered four), but I definitely wanted to enjoy one right away, so I stuck it on the couch, where it can make friends with my other flower-pattern outdoor pillows from Target.


Georgie saw me taking pictures and begged me to let him model the new pillow...


Such a handsome man.

Moral of the story: Pinterest rules and is so handy. Outdoor pillows for indoors = best idea. Georgie is cute.

No comments: