03 July 2009

In da club.

Last night, Sarah, Krissy, Alison, and I held our inaugural stitchin' club (despite Heidi's every attempt to ruin the evening!). There were tasty treats (including some VERY entertaining cookies) and the yarn was flying.


Alison and I are the resident knitters, and purling is her specialty -- exactly the help I needed! Thanks, Alison, for finally making sense of that stitch for me. :) Sarah is the crochet expert, and in just a few short minutes had Krissy crocheting away, too.

As the first official motion of the club, we decided to tackle a Christmas charity project. We'll be stitching a grab bag of goodies (hats, mitts, creatures) for Rachel to pass out to her patients on the cancer ward at UofM hospital. Hope we can bring some smiles!

3 comments:

Lady Lisa said...

Your Holiday project just melts my little heart this morning. I'm so proud of you ladies!

Alison said...

I don't know exactly what is going on with my hair. But I had SO MUCH FUN! Can't wait for the next knitting party!

Rachel said...

You will make them feel very loved and grateful. Just like you make me feel! :D