20 November 2008

I am not the muffin man.

Yesterday I decided to whip up something pumpkiny, as I have all these pumpkins laying around the house. I followed the instructions here to perfect my goo. So far so good.

Onto the muffins. Note to self... If something seems weird while following a recipe, listen to your gut. I was doing other stuff so I guess I wasn't focused enough or something. I followed the recipe -- the harvest muffins, also here. (Except I used melted margarine instead of vegetable oil and applesauce instead of an egg.) I'm moving along, thinking, shouldn't there be sugar? Maybe I should just throw some in? Oh well, the recipe knows best! So I finish my muffins, throw them in the oven, and they smell awesome. Much better than the melted plastic that our house STILL smells like after a"tart incident" I dared not tell you about...

Hmm... They LOOK lovely...

First bite, something is wrong. I go back and look at the recipe... It DID call for sugar! I read that list like 10 times. How did I miss that?!?!? UGH. So..... they aren't very good. They're edible -- just taste like biscuits with raisins in them. (Brad did spit his out.) I don't think I was meant to bake.

2 comments:

Lady Lisa said...

Hahahahha. At least you didn't use splenda sweetie. I promise you, it could have been much, much worse.

Sara said...

I love the image of Brad spitting them out. You were meant to bake - don't give up! Sorry the pumpkin goodness didn't work out this time.