21 April 2013

D-i-y y-e-s.

An awesome weekend with Melissa rejuvenated me and my motivation...


Friends, wine and fun will do that to you, right? (A side note to highly recommend a fun experience at Gravity Winery in Baroda. It involves chocolate and cheese. And wine, duh.)

I've been on the lookout for the perfect magazine rack to finalize the work I've been doing on the winter/travel room but have struck out on my past few shopping trips. After Melissa left today, I headed to the antique mall and, luckily, it was my lucky day. For $15, I picked up the winner, knowing we had some black spray paint at home. Seemed like an easy first diy project (I've painted walls, but I've never done any actual diy-ing before).


Nothing too crazy, but simple and interesting. Of course, as soon as I started, I ran out of spray paint. Sheesh. Luckily we live close to Ace Hardware so the trip didn't unmotivate me enough to table the project.


It was sunny and warm(ish) so I did my painting outside. Sun.... so nice to see you!


A little cleanup was required. I made a bit of a mess.

Quick dry paint allowed me to move my rack inside already and I think it is EXACTLY what this room needed. I couldn't be happier. And now I want to spray paint more!!


Ta-dah!


I would like to read in this nook.


Have to say, I'm really pleased with how this room came together. Shows that patience does pay off when looking for all the right pieces (I'm looking at you, too, antique nightstand!), even if it does take three years. Now I think it's time to repaint the guest suites....... Ha!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooooh. Jodie will LOVE it!!!!!!!! ;) mwahahahaahaha.

Stephanie said...

Ahh! You are the devil! hahaha I'll have to keep that door shut next weekend when I'm alone!

Melissa said...

I like it!