03 February 2011

Mellow yellow.

I am hopefully picking up my new car tomorrow. This meant that today, I had to spring my car from the snow-buried garage. If the snow itself wasn't bad enough, the plow that clears our alley piled a lovely ice boulder barrier at the base of my garage. Thanks, plow man. I gave him a good scowl when he did it yesterday.


Well, snow, you cannot best me! I am the queen of the alley!


Let me just take a moment here to say that this coat and these boots are thus far the best investments I have ever made. And yes, my pj pants are tres sexy.

After wrenching my old-lady hip, I decided to take the dogs for walks (two dogs, two walks) so they would be sleepy and leave me alone for my next project for the day. I forgot my camera for Heidi's walk, but I remembered it for George's. I am permanently a) thrilled that the city has a mini plow for our sidewalks and b) giggly over walking through the snow tunnels.



Snow tunnels make Georgie giggle, too.

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit how pooped I was at this point. But it was only 1 pm, and I was on a mission! I WOULD have a yellow kitchen by the end of the week. 


Sunwashed. Not sunwash. That's a totally different color, duh.

I stupidly thought this would be a quick project. I got primer in the paint, but I forgot that sometimes you still need two coats, even with primer. There are also a lot of nooks. And crannies. And obstacles (I'm looking at you, fridge!). Five hours later, I had a yellow kitchen. And then I kept going. Now I have a yellow mudroom, too. 



Heidi and I got a little paint on us, too.


"I'm sorry I sat on the wall. Really!"


Did I mention that I'm totally pooped? Time for poochie snuggles. After pictures to come soon...

2 comments:

Birgles McGee said...

Are those pajama jeans you're wearing!?

Stephanie said...

Ha ha if they were, I would let you wear them. :)