01 May 2010

Hell in a hand basket.

I must say... I'm in no real hurry to move, necessarily. But having a house for sale is a real buzz kill. I feel like all I've done is clean and vacuum and tidy and light nice-smelling candles over and over and over. And then when people come to the house, we have to figure out where to go... with dogs. For today's showing, Brad was gone, and the weather was yucky so the dog park wasn't an option. What to do what to do? As I loaded the dogs into the car, I had a random idea -- why not drive to Hell? A quick Google searched showed it was 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back. Perfect!



Heidi is always game for a car ride.



George takes his normal seat.

All these years, I've never been to Hell, and I never really knew exactly where it was. Well, it's pretty much a straight shot through Dexter and just a little beyond. But don't blink or you'll miss it!



GPS wouldn't recognize Hell as a city, so I don't know if it really even is one. Whatever it is, it's a restaurant, a motel, and an ice cream shop/gift shop smack dab in the middle of a really beautiful country drive. I pulled into the Scream's ice cream and gift shop parking lot and wandered around for a few minutes. How have I never been here before? A year-round Halloween shop? Hello! Now I'm sad I won't be here for Halloween -- I can only imagine it's super fun there then.







Inside the shop, they have a coffin condiment bar!

Some other fun Hell-ish sights...





What's this? You can get married here? Brad's lucky I didn't know about this five years ago...





Eventually Heidi'd had enough and was ready to drive herself home...



And then George fell asleep sitting up...



But I had just enough time to pick up a few souvenirs of our fun afternoon trip...



Funny how you sometimes don't start to explore your home until you're getting ready to leave it...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Funny! I've driven through on the way to my folks but haven't seen all that stuff before. Funny! You'll just have to come back for Halloween. And we can go get cider donuts too! :) The pooches are adorable!