16 October 2007

I like lists.

I am a planner. As I get older, I'm becoming more lax in my planning, but for big stuff I still like to map it out. Especially when it comes to traveling. While I have mostly given up the trip planning duties to Brad, I'm still 100% in charge of my own packing, and I'm a devout packing list maker. The idea of traveling without something I need terrifies me. I just can't relax if I haven't packed by list and checked everything off by the time I leave. The annoying thing is rewriting the list every trip and second guessing my memory. So, my friends, I've finally gotten around to creating a permalist that can be printed and used for each trip. And because I like you, I'm sharing my list with you for your own personal use as well. (I have a pretty table created with lovely fonts and such, but apparently I am not allowed to upload PDFs on this site. Hmph. Should you want it, ask and I will email directly to you! Or else copy the text below and customize your own table.)

Column 1, Item; Column 2, Packed (check y or n); Column 3, Notes

Travel Essentials
Boarding pass
Cash
Event/transportation info
Flight and hotel info
License
Passport
Wallet/Credit cards

Toiletries
Aspirin/Tums/Pepto
Brush
Comb
Conditioner
Contacts
Contact case
Contact solution
Deodorant
Face cream
Face wash
Glasses
Hairspray
Hand lotion
Makeup
Mousse
Nailpolish
Nailpolish remover
Perfume
Pills
Pill case(s)
Ponytail holders
Razor
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Tweezers

Outerwear
Cardigan/hoodie
Casual purse/bag
Casual shoes
Dress shoes
Jacket
Jewelry
Sunglasses
Umbrella

Electronics
Camera
Camera charger
Cell phone
Cell phone charger
Converter plugs
iPod
iPod charger

Entertainment
Magazines
Reading book(s)
Travel books
Travel journal/notepad

If summer, add:
Bathing Suit
Flip flops

If winter, add:
Hat
Gloves
Scarf

If work trip, add:
Blackberry
Blackberry charger
Business cards
DVDs
Laptop
Laptop cords
Notebook
Pen
Planner

On a different note, Brad and I had our visit with the Humane Society foster program representative tonight. I think we passed! :) Now we just have to wait a week for our paperwork to go through and then we'll be signed up on the group list to start picking doggies! I'm so glad we're able to do this and hopefully help make the life of some doggies a little bit better.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I would lose this list before I even started packing. You're the yin to my yang. :)

And I regularly forget things when I'm traveling. It's not that great, but it's not that bad either. Luckily I'm type B so I only freak out a little. Bad news when it's my inhaler or something though.