Despite the crazy rain, this afternoon brought another visit to the Farmer's Market, where I met up with Krissy and Bava.
Things I learned:
- Amish kids can wear braces.
- There are different varieties of peaches. Who knew peaches aren't just peaches!
- Green onions are the same thing as scallions.
Dinnertime rolled around, and it was time to attack the zucchini. Check this baby out! Even Heidi wanted in on the action.
Trial and Error Zucchini
Gigantic zucchini (or small, whatever)
Links of sausage (I used sweet Italian)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Remove sausage from casings and place meat in a heated skillet; brown
3. Chop tomato, basil, and shred mozz
4. Slice zucchini in half, longways
5. Scoop the innards (again, I used my spoked ice cream scoop)
6. In the scooped zucchinis, put a layer of tomato, then basil, then the cooked sausage. Top with cheese.
7. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Enjoy! Can be sliced or eaten as a sandwich. The options are endless!
While tasty, this ended up tasting very zucchini-y. Next time, I would scoop a little bit more of the flesh to leave a thinner shell. I would also use a third link of sausage (I used two) and mix in some of the zucchini flesh to make a more substantial filling. And, of course, more cheese never hurts.
Now it's time for So You Think You Can Dance! Weeeee!