16 August 2012

Nachos, a love story.

A few weeks ago, after two years of talking about how great it would be if a Moe's opened here, we discovered (thanks, Moody on the Market!) that we were ACTUALLY getting a Moe's. Just proof that if you wish and wish and wish hard enough, your dreams can come true ;)

I don't ache for Ann Arbor like I used to. For the most part, I've stopped referring to it as "home." I miss it, but not the same way I did when we first moved here. But the second I realized Moe's was on the horizon, it struck me how excited I was to have a piece of "home" here, at our new home. Now, I realize Moe's is a chain. It did not start in Ann Arbor. But I have so many very distinctly Ann Arbor memories tied to it. Most significantly, Moe's is where you go after a night like this...


You'd wake up, drive to Moe's, and get you some nachos and a giant fountain coke. It's just what you did. Sometimes, you'd meet friends for lunch at Moe's. Sometimes, you'd order delivery from Moe's and, eventually, it would probably arrive (perhaps two hours later, in which case, free Moe's!).

We have a Qdoba. And, of course, a Taco Bell. I love me some nachos, so I'll happily eat any variation - when you grow up hating pizza, you learn to love other bar-food-type options (probably why I'm still so obsessed with subs and Crazy Bread). But it is not the same. Not even close. For a true nacho (or delicious bean burrito a la Art Vandalay), nothing beats the ooey gooey spicy yellow queso from Moe's. Is it kinda like high school nacho cheese? Yep. Does it hint of Velveeta? Yep. Do you need any more convincing? Without further adieu, I give you the FIRST ST. JOE RUPRICT...


You ready for this?


Pouring... pouring... pouring...


Poured.


We're almost there.


Now mix it up into a big gooey mess!!!

And that, my friends, is nachos.

*Good thing Brad and I ran after work.
**30 to 40 minutes later now, and STILL no stomachache. Amazing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this review. You are a food bloggess extraordinaire :). Must try now, never ever had anything from Moe's! I only hope it stays open later than 9:00 or 10:00 on weekends...

Stephanie said...

Aw, thanks, Alica! Hope you heart it!

Melissa said...

I miss our Moe's lunch meet-ups! Their nachos are soooooo good!