06 October 2009

Cheesy update.

I just remade the Food Network Magazine lightened-up mac and cheese (I made it for the first time a few weeks ago)... and I was right about the cheese! This time I used all sharp cheddar instead of whatever random shredded mix I used before and no muenster (I would have used some -- I just didn't happen to have any). Just as ooey gooey, and, this time, it tasted like cheese! Glorious cheese! So note: If you make this recipe, listen to the instructions and use sharp cheddar!

Another note: I didn't make any cauliflower puree to add in, just because I didn't have any. The taste was exactly the same, as was the consistency. So this is obviously just added to get some extra nutritional goodness in there. Given the hassle, I'd rather eat a few extra carrots with my meal.

No comments: