24 May 2012

The big splash.

It's been a big week. First, we celebrated our Second Annual Golf Sucks weekend at the beach.


Lisa flies in from NYC (along w/ her hubby who attends said golf event), picks up Kristal along the way, and we eat, drink, and beach our way through our golf widowness.

Lessons learned this weekend include:

  • Friends Don't Let Friends SPF 4


Proof that application occurred. Alas, it did not matter.

  • A bottle of champagne (preferably Sex from L. Mawby) fits snugly in one 32 oz. water bottle.


  • As long as you jump RIGHT in (and get back out quickly), you CAN swim in lake Michigan in May


Before the ladies' killer sunburns kicked into high gear, we enjoyed yummy food such as fried asparagus, toasted coconut ice cream, asparagus and goat cheese quiche, shrimp and crab mac and cheese, hot-from-the-oven pretzel rolls, and some amazing French toast (yes, I'll pat myself on the back here, ha!).


Michigan apple cinnamon bread French toast. Yum.

Oh, and we spotted some pirates, too. Arrrrr!


Sadly, the beautiful weekend came to an end, and it was back to the grind. AND THEN... I got a very exciting phone call.

I WAS OFFERED A JOB AT WHIRLPOOL! DOING COMMUNICATIONS! A REAL JOB! I'LL GET TO USE MY BRAIN! OMG!

Which, of course, called for a celebratory dinner.



To sip, a Patio Punch. Peach liquor, soda water, and fresh fruit. To eat, a peppercorn-crusted Ahi tuna and crab salad with wasabi dressing. Obviously, the occasion was special, the view was beautiful, and I was slightly toasty from my cocktail, but this may be one of the best meals I've had at the Bistro yet! (Yes, Sara, I did go back to the Bistro! Luckily the space cadet waitress was no where in sight!)

AND THEN!!!!

Yesterday, I quit my stupid-ass mind-numbing want-to-poke-my-eyes-out job!

AND THEN!!!!

Today was my first day of my new life (dramatic, much? ha!). I slept in, took the dogs to the park, then took a walk to town with Hillary and her girls, stopping along the way for iced coffees and "ice cream" (a cup of whipped cream w/ sprinkles - perfect!).



What else could this week possibly bring?!

No comments: