17 May 2012

And then there were four.

Well, technically five...

Last May, Hillary, Ceile, and I took a trip to Sawyer Garden Center, bought oodles of flowers and veggies, then filled up on fish tacos at the Stray Dog in New Buffalo.

This May, Hillary, Ceile, and the newest addition to our hood, Liz, took a trip to Sawyer Garden Center, bought slightly fewer oodles of flowers and veggies, then filled up on fish tacos at the Stray Dog.

And, of course, newborn Daphne was with us, too. Baby's first field trip with the girls!



We got lots of colorful (and delicious smelling) plants. Thank goodness for the Subaru - roomy!


Then I stalkeratzied Daphne on the ride home.


Asleep. Awake!

As is to be expected, we had a great time. These ladies are pretty sweet... and fish tacos are, of course, delicious. We already planned our third-annual trip for next May!

Now... to plant my goodies!


I put a lot of time and effort into my container plants last year... and they yielded like, five tomatoes. This year I decided to just get my summer veggies at the farmer's market and stick with what I'm good at - herbs. I bought two big basil plants and three small mint plants. I can already taste the caprese sandwiches and mint juleps! By the way, the hanging plant is a Wandering Jew, and I am a huge fan. I had one last year and not only is it beautiful, it is nearly unkillable!

Seriously. Is it summer YET!?

PS I totally want one of these chickens (or two of them) for my yard!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Beyonce chicken!

Anonymous said...

15 years is GIANT METAL CHICKEN!