23 June 2010

"I hate Yogurt! Even with Strawberries."

I forgot to mention the best part about yesterday's wheat bread experiment. I was full. And I was even full, really, about halfway through the sandwich. Perhaps there really is something to be said for that silly grain/fiber/full business. ;)

Speaking of full, I've always tended toward the eat-till-you're-way-full habit. I also tend to not eat snacks, so by the time meals roll around, the two combine to create a mega pigout fest. Now that I'm pushing 25 (wink wink), mega pigout fests aren't so kind to me, and I really need to make a conscious effort to retrain my brain about food. This means finding snacks that I actually want to eat (that aren't cookies), are somewhat satisfying, and somewhat healthy. Today's snack of the day is... da da da... Greek yogurt.
My ability to handle yogurt comes in waves, but for the moment, things are a-ok. I kept seeing stuff about Greek yogurt on the healthy schmealthy blogs, so I figured I'd give it a try. (And look at this! Some even say Greek yogurt is a healthiest food in the world! Enhances immunity? Score one for my rotten immune system!) This Fage brand was on sale, so I picked up a few.



I decided to start with peach. I was put off by the first bite. It's seriously thick. But by the second bite, I was sold. It's a little sour, but it works. And I actually really love the consistency. For me, it's all about convincing myself something is more than it is so I feel satisfied. And a spoonful of this feels like a real bite of food. Tasty, healthy, and substantial. Woohoo!

Now for a healthy snack that I do NOT give two thumbs up to: coconut water. Also something I've been spotting around on the blogggs. I picked two up because they were also on sale, and today I tried the plain coconut flavor. Horrible. Seriously horrible. And not at all refreshing, as I'd heard. It tasted like water out of a dirty plastic cup. Blech. Since I bought it, I will still try the pink guava one I also have, but I don't expect it to be much different. I'll keep ya posted!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm tellin' ya, get it fresh out of the immature coconut. You'll get why everyone raves about it. SOOOOO good.

Lady Lisa said...

You're cracking me up. Mostly, because what did I eat yesterday? But a frozen greek yogurt from a new shop I found, and also, a vitacoco water. Hilarious. How are we on the same brain wave???

Stephanie said...

Rachel -- it's crazy, the bloggie people are actually raving about the box stuff! I promise to try the real stuff as soon as I can!

Lisa -- OMG! Ha! You kill me! :) (do you actually like the coconut waters?)