25 August 2013

Sailing.... da da.

Nothing makes you feel older, quicker, than watching an award show on MTV. Just saying.

Anyway....

I recognize I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but we've had an awesome, awesome month. The weather has been beautiful, the company has been amazing, and, as per usual, much delicious food and drink has been consumed.


Staycation, all I ever wanted....

(seriously, this 14-year-old girl is performing in a circa 1987 prom dress. wtf?!)

Also this weekend, our girl Heidi turned seven. SEVEN. How can that be possible? Also making me feel old.... the recognition of how quickly years pass, and how the world changes with each year. (And how many wrinkles and gray hairs accompany each passing year.) Anyway, Heidi could still pass for a puppy, with her energy and spunk and, of course, her puppy wrinkles that she never grew into. Only giving away is her slowly whitening face, which shows her depth and wisdom.


You claim it is my birthday, but I see no treats, only this stupid 
bandanna you are making me wear.


Okay, that's more like it.


Ahhhh.

And then... YES and more and then...

I went on a boat! Loaded up on Bonine, I never felt heavy in the belly - even with the fairly wavy ride. It was an awesome, awesome evening, and I send many many thanks to the Smitses for taking a chance with Pukey McGee and getting me out on the lake for my first time ever.


My trusty boating partner.


My gracious hosts.


Weird flippin beach house with fake gondola back yard, including - look closely - 
a giant fake gondolier mannequin.


Happy as a clam
Or a non-seasick Church.

(It is, however, comforting to see Sway is still an MTV VJ. BTW, Kennedy totally wrote a memoir.)

No comments: