17 June 2012

Whipped for his pleasure.

As far as I'm concerned, any day is a good day for making breakfast. I love breakfast and I love making it. Brad, less so. But if I maintain enough enthusiasm about making a big breakfast, he will usually go along with it for me (it must be such torture to be force-fed yummy breakfast... ha!). Because today is Father's Day, and because Brad is such a fantastic puppy daddy, I included Brad's favorite... whipped cream! Without further adieu, strawberry banana pancakes!


Pretty maids, all in a row.


Voila! Who could resist that?

I make my pancakes from scratch because the box mixes include pig hooves (or some other variety of animal leftover byproducts), and I have mixed results (usually a little too dense). I used this recipe today and the consistency was much better. I used half whole wheat flour and half regular, and dropped in a handful of flax seeds - gotta have some extra fiber for good health! These should keep our bellies in check until early dinner, save for a snack somewhere in between.

Of course, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! (Though I would be surprised if any men, let alone fathers, are keeping up with my posts....)

A small aside... Heidi thinks today is puppy Mother's Day because she is giving me all sorts of (uncomfortable, but I'll take it) love this morning. She hasn't loved on me like this in ages. Swoon.

No comments: